Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Off into the Sunset

We finally made it, folks. Tomorrow is high school graduation. It seems like these things come faster every year. The school divides us into committees to make it all run smoothly. Some examples of places we could help out are ushering, sound crew, banner makers, program designers, etc. I am on the Search and Seizure committee. It is a pretty exciting committee, let me tell you! I get to arrive at the E Center--oh, uh hum Maverick Center--tomorrow at 9:00am in my high heels and congratulatory smile. Then I get to walk up and down the tunnel of girls, handing out safety pins, bobby pins, pencils and ribbons. I also get to ask them to show me their pockets to make sure they have no cell phones or other objects that could distract from the ceremony. It is a pretty intense job. Next, I get to make sure the girls walk into the stadium in twos and get seated next to two boys. After that, I get to sit and listen to some inspiring talks followed by 743 names! It is pretty intense. After it is all over, I usually get myself some French fries to celebrate that I survived.




After that exhausting charade, I would like nothing more than to eat my fries in the quiet comfort of my home while watching the Season Premiere of MasterChef. There will be no time for that, however. It looks like I am moving again! That's right, everybody. I have lived in my cute West Jordan house for a mere four months and it is already time to hit the road. You are actually privileged enough to be looking at a picture of my bedroom in its current state. It is time to pack up the boxes and head out. My students are beginning to worry about me. I have become such a transient teacher. One student asked me if I am really so poor that I have to be homeless. The truth is, I have decided to move home for the summer. I will be teaching at BYU's French Camp for June and then going to France in July. I might as well save the rent money and put it towards some French baguettes while in Paris. It is pretty exciting. Packing boxes and filling up a truck with my furniture, however, is not quite as exciting. But, I just tell myself that by Friday night, I will be all moved and everything will be all organized in my new bedroom. I will be eating popcorn and watching video clips and be done moving--at least for the summer.



Awe. I wish I could just snap my fingers and wake up in my new bedroom with every piece of clothing neatly folded and put away, pictures of the Seine hung on the wall and some homemade wheat bread baking in the oven. Well, if it doesn't happen, at least I have a very good imagination.

2 comments:

  1. can't wait for you to be in Provo! Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! you will have to tell me when you need help moving in. I live on BYU campus. Your summer plans sound awesome! Look to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete