Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Recipe for a Perfect Day

What turns a regular, run-of-the-mill work day into something spectacular?! Well, I think I figured that out today. To begin, I woke up this morning at the regular 5:15am time. I quickly got ready and made it up to work by 7:00. So far, a regular day. But it was all about to change. Today was the scheduled PLAN test for all sophomores. Juniors and seniors didn't even have to show up until after lunch. What did this mean? While those kids were filling in bubbles, I got three extra hours to plan lessons and organize papers. Nice. As a teacher, we rarely get any downtime. It is so exciting when these opportunities come our way. Thank you, standardized testing!


At lunch, I pulled out some French cheese, boursin, to share with the other teachers. It was so fun to have something exciting like that to contribute. The teachers cut off small pieces of this delicious and creamy cheese and put it on everything from their potato wedges to their apple slices. I must have opened the door to sharing because soon everybody was trading food around the table. "I'll trade you a peanut butter and jelly sandwich square for two peach slices." I feel so much more bonded to my lunch crowd now.


As I was pulling out of the parking lot just after 3:00, a really cute English teacher, Bonnie, waved at me. I naturally pulled to a stop. She asked me when we were going to start our carpool! I have been excited to carpool with her ever since I heard that she lived in American Fork and figured out at lunch that she loves all the juicy gossip as much as me. It has seemed too busy to plan out, with all the student government activities, but I realized that our calendar is a bit empty for at least the next few days, so it is time to get started on this! We made a plan to carpool tomorrow! Fun! Saving on gas money as well as getting in a good early morning chat before school will definitely beat listening to the repetitive traffic and weather on the radio.


I was a bit tired tonight and not super anticipating an AATF planning meeting. AATF is a group of French teachers that I am a proud member of. We plan activities and get-togethers for French teachers and speakers around Utah. What I forgot to notice was that this planning meeting was scheduled for the hot tub of another French teacher's club house! All right! Planning time and hot tub time all at once! How often do teachers get time to share ideas in a hot tub?! Well, okay, I didn't actually get in the hot tub tonight, but it was sure nice to look at while we planned our upcoming Halloween Social. And I think I am going to put relaxing in a hot tub on my monthly To-Do List.



The moral of today: if you have to do something monotonous, figure out a way to spice it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment