Saturday, October 20, 2012

Lasagna Soup

I have been on Pinterest for less than a month now. I don't know much about it besides the fact that it grabs my attention each time I login, with so many colorful pictures of food and ideas that I can see all at once! It is fun to scroll through pages and pages of cool holiday decorations and tasty-looking dishes. I click on them and then they get pinned to my bulletin board for future reference. Last night, I actually had some extra time being Fall Break and all, so I chose to pull up my recipe board and make this delicious-looking Lasagna Soup. This picture to the left comes directly from my Pinterest Board. You can compare it to my own pictures below.


It turned out to be tastier than I could have even imagined. It wasn't hard either! I substituted whole wheat lasagna noodles and bought the low-fat Ricotta cheese to add a healthier twist. I put all the ingredients in a big pot--garlic, onions, chopped tomatoes and chicken broth. I let it simmer for nearly an hour.


I boiled the wheat lasagna noodles separately. I then filled them up in a bowl with Ricotta and Parmesan cheese.


Moi, j'adore le fromage; therefore, I put more cheese on top. Now this little bowl is just waiting to be drenched.



Alongside a salad and fruit smoothie, this turned out to be the perfect dinner for a special dinner guest! I really think you should try making it. I am going to make it again and again.

Next recipe for the list: Nutella Hot Chocolate! Doesn't this look perfect for a French Teacher?! Maybe we could even make it in class!

1 comment: