Thursday, May 31, 2012

Favorite Day of the Year

What is your favorite day of the year? I honestly think that May 31st must be mine! I mean, seriously, what is not to like? The days are still getting lighter and warmer. More sunshine means more happy people. Summer is lingering right at my fingertips, but is still entirely there. Everything that is good is ahead of us now! Oh, and don't you just love the picture of the waterfall pool that I found here? I want to find this and dip my toes in the water, while sipping a pina colada.



This morning, I got to sit through nearly three hours of high school graduation! I am honestly so excited for these kids. The best is still to come for them. But I have to be honest--as the talks rambled on about all their past accomplishments and all they hope to be, my mind couldn't stop thinking about summer vacation! So do you want to know what was in my head? My all time favorite things about summer are...


Walking barefoot in the soft grass. Mmmmm!!!




Going to watch an outdoor play! Last summer I was in The Scarlet Pimpernel! Sink me!--It was the highlight of my whole summer! The only hard part was getting that ridiculous white wig to stay on long enough for the ballroom mascarade. Sigh. I really miss that Murray Arts in the Park group. If I could have a second career, I would want to be an actress.



Making homemade ice cream! This has always been a fun memory with the cousins and me. Some of my cousins will be in town in July and we can make all varieties of homemade ice cream from lemon cheesecake to mixed berry. Everything always tastes better when you make it yourself.



Going outside and gazing at the stars on a nice, quiet summer evening.






These are a few of the exciting things to come this summer. What is your favorite day of the year?

1 comment:

  1. you really pumped me up for summer, I love all those things! Though I do like going to a soft running river get my fishing gear on and just fly fish...I don't need to catch anything but just sit there and listen to the sound of nature, sucks me right in. Yes, the waterfall in the pool would be awesome! Though im reminded of my first pina colada, it wasn't virgin, but I ordered it that way. Luckily a friend of mine had one too, and told me that it wasn't suppose to feel like that. Hah, good times.

    ReplyDelete